Friday, March 25, 2011

The Way Station - Stables Interior



WARNING: This post may contain spoilers from Stephen King's The Dark Tower (series of books).

My side project (to fill the time while waiting for specific bricks to arrive to continue work on the Dark Tower itself) is also inspired by Stephen King's magnum opus: The Way Station.

The Way Station is first mentioned in The Gunslinger (book one), and is comprised of a stables and a small house (perhaps an inn). Exhausted after chasing the Man in Black through the desert, the Gunslinger comes to the Way Station and meets Jake Chambers for the first time.

Both the stables and the small house are described as being run down and decrepit, and I feel like I still have a lot of work in terms of exterior design and landscaping to convey that, but I'm happy with the shape, approach and colors so far.



Most of my work so far has been on creating the interior look and feel, with particular attention to the sink/water pump that is the most prominent item in the stables itself.



A few stalls for horses, a shelf with canned and preserved food, bales of hay and a few barrels and containers of horse feed make up the rest of the interior.







As mentioned, I still plan to work on the exterior to give it a more run down feel and I do also have to work on the small house, including a basement where Roland speaks to the demon and gets his jawbone.

I leave you with a very scared Marion Ravenwood (of Indiana Jones fame) who has somehow woken up and found herself in Roland's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment