WARNING: This post may contain spoilers from Stephen King's The Dark Tower (series of books).
The thing about large projects (especially for someone like me who is just starting a collection) is that you're always going to randomly find yourself short of one specific piece in order to jump the next big hurdle.
I'm currently on hold on the project while I wait for more pieces to arrive in the mail. In fact, I would have done far less than what's pictured if not for a "lucky" find of a fresh batch of 2x1 Black Bricks at a nearby LEGO store's Pick-A-Brick wall.
At this point I've completed three out of the eight 2nd level walls and I'm somewhat pleased with the look. I think I could still do a little more styling to adjust for the fact that the 2nd level is actually taller than the 1st, but I do like the way the windows compliment the tiling.
In the meantime, I'm working on a project for a contest that I will post when complete. My large order of bricks should arrive sometime this week, so expect to see some significant changes to the Dark Tower in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment