
Seems that it is contest season again, and as always, I'm throwing my work into the great pool of entries, hoping that my work is appreciated (and perhaps that I'll be rewarded with some nice prizes!).

The Executive Plaza is my entry for the ToysNBricks.com Microbuild LEGO Tournament 2012.


This was a challenging and interesting build for me. My main goals were to stay true to LEGO's original Mini Modulars set, use a combination of dark red and dark orange to create an interesting facade, as well as to try to restrict myself to a box/square-like build that would be appropriate to a place of work.

One of the highlights of the build was the second floor balcony, which adds just a tiny bit of curving to a very square build. The idea itself was easy to conceive, but the execution took a few experimental iterations with various pieces to get it exactly how I wanted.

While very simple in terms of technique, I also like and would like to highlight the loading dock in the back. I'd like to think that it is similar to some of the small touches LEGO likes to throw into their sets that often go unnoticed.
All in all, I had a blast building this and am proud of it. Now on to the next contest: EuroBricks.com's Architecture Building Contest!
No comments:
Post a Comment