Tuesday, May 24, 2011

443 - Pink Kitchen



Yes, pink. Actually, bright pink to be exact.

As you can imagine, pink (and shades of pink) is a hard LEGO color to come by. I ended up ordering these bright pink tiles from the Netherlands for what ended up to be a very reasonable price of around 9 cents a piece. The color isn't my first choice, but paying $1 per piece to get the rarer regular pink just wasn't something I was willing to do.



Still, the end result works, I think. The brightness of the pink is dulled by the walls and the cabinetry, and will be further dulled once the furniture is moved in.



As you can tell, I have more work to do, including replacing the light bluish gray bricks with proper cabinets, and I also need to come up with a better washing machine which is what that strange white contraption near the oven/stove is supposed to be.





I'm pretty happy with how it all has turned out; the colors don't exactly match the original colors in the actual kitchen, but they come pretty close.



I've also begun construction on the rest of the first level, completing the foundations of the house. The dimensions seem to work out well in minifigure scale, even if they don't exactly match the actual scale.



What I need to do now is to calculate what I need to finish the walls of the bottom level so that I can begin work on the top, and eventually the roof... which I can promise you now is NOT pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment