When I first got back into LEGO, there were two immediate projects that came to mind. The first was to make a model of the black VW Beetle that I drive. The second involved building a model of my childhood home.
443 is the street address/unit number of the two-story, self-standing, shared-wall condominium I grew up in. My parents moved there when I was still a toddler, and they live there still, but they are close to selling it in order to move to a home more appropriate for them (given that their children have flown the coop).
I have many great memories of this place. And now, as I try to recreate it, I am reminded of them, and also I am amazed at how beautiful it is when stripped from nostalgic memory. My mother - amateur interior decorator and occasional antique furniture collector - did much to make our home distinctive, and I think that it did take a part (even if a small one) in what I consider to be a happy childhood.
As you can tell, I've been prompted to start work on this, given the impending sale of the house. Pictured above is the incomplete first half of the base of the house. You see the driveway and main entrance to the house. Don't mind Gandalf who is helping me with the scaling. Also ignore the fact that I'm in need of more white tiles. ;)
To do: the 2nd half of the base, which features the living room (and all my mother's unique furnishings), kitchen and back porch/patio, and all of the upper level which features 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment